Be sure to select PRINT or DIGITAL when you order.
July / August 2021
- Flying Into the Future — CF Boatworks and the pursuit of the next wooden foiler by Delaney Brown
- Denman Marine — Where craftsmanship meets conservation by Bruce Stannard
- Robbert Das — Backward and forward in time by Douglas Brooks
- Building a Tolman Wide-Body Skiff: Part 2 — A rugged, handsome, and easy-to-build boat by John Marples
- SIR ISAAC — The resurrection of a fast schooner by Lawrence W. Cheek
- Thoughts on Lapstrake Planking — Techniques to demystify the details by Harry Bryan
- SKIPPER — Up from the ashes by Bruce Kemp
- Getting Started in Boats: A Spread of Canvas A beginner's guide to sail and shelter repair — Tear-out supplement by Jan Adkins
Cover: Nathan Coffman (front) and Del Waters test sail a kite-driven foiling sailboat designed and built by CF Boatworks of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. For the past decade, CF has experimented with several such designs, all built of wood. Photograph by Billy Black
“Your downloads are ready” will be the subject line of an email you’ll receive from us—once we’ve processed your digital order. That email has the link to click, so you can then download the file.
This isn't an "instant" process, so if we're asleep, you may need to wait for regular business hours, for us to process the order. Although we are quite timely, we may not be processing on weekends & holidays.
I found the article on building a Tolman skiff fascinating, interesting, and well written.
I’m now looking forward to building one for myself, thank you, Bob Barnes
The article on Denman Marine was excellent. My Son is Andrew Denman and he has developed some excellent Wooden Boat Building skills. As his father I am very proud of him. Thank you for the Article written by your Magazine.
Issue #281 July/August 2021
Loved Bruce Kemp's inspiring article on how ingenuity, skill and modern and ancient technology can bring a beautiful craft back from the grave. I live not far from Sirens Boatworks, where the three-and-a-half-year project took place, and I was lucky to be able to follow the re-emergence of the boat. I was particularly struck by the elegant finishing work, interior and exterior, so artfully executed by Spartan Rubacha and beautifully captured by Bruce's photographs. I loved discussing the project with Spartan and can't wait to revisit the shop when the pandemic's over!