Be sure to select PRINT or DIGITAL when you order.
- How—and Why—to Build a Boat — A father’s gift to his daughter by Jonathan Gornall
- The Pacific Class Sloop — Kettenburg’s classic one-design turns 90 by Randall Peffer
- Lutwick’s Boatbuilding & Repair — Bill Lutwick’s place in Nova Scotia’s boatbuilding culture by Michael Higgins
- Doug Hylan — A journey to the effortless and unconflicted by Art Paine
- The Magic of MERLIN — Resurrecting a family’s legacy by Bruce Stannard
- ZELECTRA — A battery-powered barrelback by Nigel Sharp
- POLARIS — A Viking ship for Gloucester, Massachusetts by Arista Holden
- Thicker Than a Coat of Paint — Tom Townsend’s principles of design by Evelyn Ansel
- Getting Started in Boats: Further Reading — Tear-out supplement by Anne Bryant and Jan Adkins
Cover: The 26′ power cruiser GATSBY, designed and built by Hylan & Brown of Brooklin, Maine, was launched last summer. The shop has made a specialty of updating traditional workboats and pleasure craft for contemporary pleasure use. Photograph by Benjamin Mendlowitz
“Your downloads are ready” will be the subject line of an email you’ll receive from us—once we’ve processed your digital order. That email has the link to click, so you can then download the file.
This isn't an "instant" process, so if we're asleep, you may need to wait for regular business hours for us to process the order. Although we are quite timely, we may not be processing on weekends & holidays.
I love this magazine. I'm a new convert to wooden boats, so I have a lot to learn. This magazine is beautifully written, the images are superb, and the stories (and featured boats) are inspiring.