General Ordering Bits
- Pre-Orders: you can order items which have yet to arrive to us (be they brandy-new, or temporarily out of stock) . We will charge you now (keeping your place in line) not when the item ships. Granted, if a manufacturer seems iffy on a delivery time to us, or greatly delays, we will likely cancel your order and send a refund.
- Fast & friendly service: Internet Orders ship within 24 hours... or less! We are shipping from Brooklin, Maine, the high-traffic count (if you're talking about deer, bear, and moose) metropolis on the coast of Maine, so packages will arrive in the New England area within a day of when we ship. It should take 2 to 7 working days for other areas of the US to receive their orders. Working days exclude the weekends and typical holidays. Full-sized boat kits are the exception, and will take 3-6 weeks.
- Two-day orders placed by noon, EST ship that day, at fair delivery prices. Two-day delivery orders placed after 12:00 noon on Friday ship on Monday and would arrive on Wednesday.
- Shipping Options: Once you add an item to your cart, to the left you'll see the section where you input your country (and if US: State and Zip). Then the shipping options/prices will show. That way you know your fees/options before filling out the rest of your info. You'll see those options again when you actually check-out.
- Digital Downloads: for digital files only, you can download very soon after your order... we do need to release the file, and that means weekends and holidays could be a 24 wait... but we tend to check on them even when were not on campus.
- First Class: there's a weight limit which our system will calculate. The big plus is the cost... it is inexpensive. The down-sides? It can be exceptionally slow, and there is no tracking.
- Ground - 2 to 7 "business" days, US addresses: Shipping costs are based on the value of your order. We will choose the carrier, either USPS, UPS or FedEx Ground. If you prefer a specific carrier please add a message at check-out (there's a text box) and we can usually accommodate your request--however we may have to add more to the shipping charge. Also, if you want UPS or Fedex Ground, then you don't want to provide a PO Box ship-to address. Some items have an additional shipping charge due to their size, which is noted in the product description. That additional fee will be included in the ship charge amount at check-out.
Order Value Ground Shipping Charge Up to $25.00 $5.95 $25.01 to $50.00 $7.95 $50.01 to $100.00 $9.95 $100.01 to $150.00 $12.95 $150.01 to $200.00 $15.95 $200.01 to $400.00 $18.95 $400.01 & over $21.95
- Payment: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and PayPal. Plus American Express, Venmo, and Diner's Club! No CODs. If using "snail mail" you can pay by personal check if it is US Funds Payable on a US Bank. Want to mail cash? Don't do it.
- Delivery Outside the US? We ship all over the world, and have done so for years and years.
- International First Class: can be much cheaper than International Priority Mail. But, it can be very very slow. If you don't really need something for four months or so, you might want to use this.
- International... Express Mail Priority vs Priority Mail International: Express Mail will be more expensive, and for good reason. It's significantly faster. Express Mail International typically delivers in 7-10 days. Priority Mail International might be two weeks, but, it might also take eight weeks. It's inconsistent.
- Customs / Duties for shipments outside the US. Those fees are your responsibility. Sorry about that, but we cannot predict what the fine folks at your local customs house will decide. PLEASE NOTE: If you decide to refuse a package because your customs agents are extracting a pound of flesh nearest the heart... they will ship the package back to us in Brooklin, Maine. And, they will charge us for that privilege, so we would need to pass-on that charge to you. Ouch!
- A word of caution... our tracking of packages to Canada (even Nova Scotia which is very close to us) shows 1-6 weeks is par. Delivery to European / AustralAsia countries varies greatly, ranging from just a week or two, but... 6-8 weeks is not uncommon.
- For on-line tracking of your order, you will have a link in an email we sent to you when your order shipped. Plus you can log into your acct and check there.
- On-line look-up for US Zipcodes
- On-line look-up for International Postal Codes and much more
- On-line look-up for Canada Postal Codes
- On-line tracking for US Postal Deliveries:US Mail Tracking
- Returns: Yes, you can return something. Anything, actually, other than custom embroidery and full-sized boat kits. Of course, this doesn't mean used / worn items. No special authorization, secret codes, forms, or permission is needed to return. Just include a note with the returned item so we know if you want to exchange, get a credit or refund. If you didn't like the item, we'd appreciate hearing that as well. Shipping charges: you get to pay the return shipping (unless we messed-up.) If the item is returned for an even exchange, you get to pay the shipping back to us, but we'll pay the regular domestic shipping to get the exchanged item back to you. Send to The WoodenBoat Store, attn: returns, PO Box 78, Brooklin, ME 04616. Returns/exchanges accepted within 90 days of purchase.