General Ordering Bits
- Pre-Orders: you can order items which have yet to arrive to us (be they brandy-new, or temporarily out of stock) . We will charge you now (keeping your place in line) not when the item ships. Granted, if a manufacturer seems iffy on a delivery time to us, or greatly delays, we will likely cancel your order and send a refund.
- Fast & friendly service: Internet Orders ship within 24 hours... or less! We are shipping from Brooklin, Maine, the high-traffic count (if you're talking about deer, bear, and moose) metropolis on the coast of Maine, so packages will arrive in the New England area within a day of when we ship. It should take 2 to 7 working days for other areas of the US to receive their orders. Working days exclude the weekends and typical holidays. Full-sized boat kits are the exception, and will take 3-6 weeks.
- STORE PICK-UP (aka Curbside): at checkout instead of selecting Delivery, select Pick-up. You can usually pick up within a few minutes. If you have a date/time you prefer, just let us know by including a note with the order. We'll send you an email when your order is ready. We're here Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm.
- DIGITAL DOWNLOADS: very easy, very poppular. Saves you shipping time, delivery fees, customs etc fees from your government. Click RUNDOWN for more info.
- We have stopped the option for Two-Day delivery because the carriers will not guarantee delivery because of potential Covid delays. Not much point in spending the big bucks to get it there fast if it might take many many days.
- Shipping Options: Once you add an item to your cart, to the left you'll see the section where you input your country (and if US: State and Zip). Then the shipping options/prices will show. That way you know your fees/options before filling out the rest of your info. You'll see those options again when you actually check-out.
- Digital Downloads: for digital files only, you can download very soon after your order... we do need to release the file, and that means weekends and holidays could be a 24 wait... but we tend to check on them even when we're not on campus. You have three attempts (you should need just one), be sure to save to your local harddrive.
- First Class: there's a weight limit which our system will calculate. The big plus is the cost... it is inexpensive. The down-sides? It can be exceptionally slow, and there is no tracking.
- Ground - 2 to 7 "business" days**, US addresses: Shipping costs are based on the value of your order. We will choose the carrier, either USPS, UPS or FedEx Ground. If you prefer a specific carrier please add a message at check-out (there's a text box) and we can usually accommodate your request--however we may have to add more to the shipping charge. Also, if you want UPS delivery, you'll see that as a shipping—you don't want to provide a PO Box ship-to address. Some items have an additional shipping charge due to their size, which is noted in the product description. That additional fee will be included in the ship charge amount at check-out.
|Order Value||Ground Shipping Charge|
|Up to $20.00||$5.95|
|$20.01 to $40.00||$7.95|
|$40.01 to $70.00||$9.95|
|$70.01 to $100.00||$12.95|
|$100.01 to $150.00||$15.95|
|$150.01 to $200.00||$18.95|
|$200.01 to $400.00||$23.95|
|$400.01 to $600.00||$28.95|
|$600.01 & Up||$35.95|
- Payment: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and PayPal, American Express, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay, Venmo, and Diner's Club! No CODs. If using "snail mail" you can pay by personal check if it is US Funds Payable on a US Bank. Want to mail cash? Don't do it.
- Delivery Outside the US? We ship all over the world, and have done so for years and years. If the item you are going to have shipped has as "digital download" counterpart, consider going that route and saving yourself a lot of time, and shipping.
- International First Class: can be much cheaper than International Priority Mail. But, it can be very very slow. If you don't really need something for two to four months or so, you might want to use this.
- International... Express Mail Priority vs Priority Mail International: Express Mail will be more expensive, and for good reason. It's significantly faster. Express Mail International typically delivers in 7-10 days. Priority Mail International might be two weeks, but, it might also take eight weeks. It's inconsistent.
- Customs / Duties for shipments outside the US. Those fees are your responsibility. Sorry about that, but we cannot predict what the fine folks at your local customs house will decide. PLEASE NOTE: If you decide to refuse a package because your customs agents are extracting a pound of flesh nearest the heart... they will ship the package back to us in Brooklin, Maine. And, they will charge us for that privilege, so we would need to pass-on that charge to you. Ouch! And, if your postal service decides to ship the order back to us, you don't get a shipping refund, as will have had to pay for shipping both ways.
- A word of caution... our tracking of packages to Canada (even Nova Scotia which is very close to us) shows 1-6 weeks is par. Delivery to European / AustralAsia countries varies greatly, ranging from just a week or two, but... 6-8 weeks is not uncommon.
- For on-line tracking of your order, you will have a link in an email we sent to you when your order shipped. Plus you can log into your acct and check there.
- On-line look-up for US Zipcodes
- On-line look-up for Canada Postal Codes
- On-line tracking for US Postal Deliveries:US Mail Tracking
- Returns: Yes, you can return something. Anything, actually, other than custom embroidery and full-sized boat kits. Of course, this doesn't mean used / worn items. No special authorization, secret codes, forms, or permission is needed to return. Just include a note with the returned item so we know if you want to exchange, get a credit or refund. If you didn't like the item, we'd appreciate hearing that as well. Shipping charges: you get to pay the return shipping (unless we messed-up.) If the item is returned for an even exchange, you get to pay the shipping back to us, but we'll pay the regular domestic shipping to get the exchanged item back to you. If you are outside the US, you will get to pay the return shipping, and any customs-duties fees we incur to receive the items back, would be deducted from your refund. Send to The WoodenBoat Store, attn: Returns Queen Jody, PO Box 78, Brooklin, ME 04616. Returns/exchanges accepted within 90 days of purchase.
** Fall 2020, and early 2021 that timing has not been holding true, in part because of Covid19, cutbacks at USPS, and more people using mail order. We don't yet know if timing will get back to normal, or, if there will be a "new" normal. We've added UPS as an option as they have been closer to their target delivery dates.